Thursday, October 14

Ooey Gooey

After unloading the kids from the car, what do I find but a big wad of gum stuck in Cambri's "orange" curly hair. I thought I was about to die.
After getting gum stuck in my hair multiple times as a child, I knew that was a risk I was taking by allowing Cambri to chew gum. This girl LOVES anything minty and my gum just so happens to be minty so......she LOVES it! She is really good about not swallowing the gum so I found no harm in letting her chew it, especially while she was sitting up in her car seat.
I suppose her gum must have leapt out of her mouth and headed straight for her hair. Cambri realized it was in there before I did and she began tugging on her hair to get it out. Once I figured out what she was doing she had already ripped a bit of gum and a chunk of hair out of her head. We quickly got inside and went straight for the bathroom to operate. The last thing I wanted was to give her an emergency hair-cut. With a bit of tugging, a frozen go-gurt (since we were out of ice), and a comb we managed to set Cambri's hair free. Boy, was I ever grateful. I just LOVE Cambri's hair, the color, the curls, everything about it is just perfect to me, so perfect that she has yet to get her haircut. We trim her bangs on an as needed basis but other than that we do not go at it with a pair of scissors.
I am so grateful our little operation did not involve, butter, peanut butter, an insane amount of time, or scissors. I hope we are just as lucky next time. Or should I say there will not be a next time?!

No comments:

Post a Comment