Thursday, October 14

Aloha!

This year, the closest we could get to Hawaii was attending a Hawaiian Luau hosted by Cameron's employer. Although, I am sure it is not quite like going to the islands, Cameron and I still enjoyed ourselves. We hired a babysitter, for the first time, which turned out rather.....interesting. Perhaps my expectations for a sitter are a bit high?!?
Anyways, Cameron and I rigged up Hawaiian attire with some help from our New Zealand/Samoa friends. We ordered Hawaiian print fabric online, did simple sewing, and had our very own sarongs. I wore mine like a dress and bought a cardigan sweater to wear over top. I was given hand carved coconut earrings from Bonita and borrowed one of her necklaces, flowers, and handbags. She informed me that on the islands it is all about the accessories so she made sure I was well equipped.

Cameron wore his sarong like a skirt, with a white button up shirt, flip-flops, and a necklace to complete his look. The food was delicious and we had enough LDS friends/coworkers there that the company was enjoyable as well.

Here are a few pictures from the night.
Cameron and Jamie

Becky and Craig

Brittany and Roger

Sam and Liz

All of which are friends from work, our ward, and BYU. How cool is that?

1 comment:

  1. I love your outfits with that cute fabric! You both look great and I'm glad you had fun.

    ReplyDelete